Monday, 8 November 2010

Sutton United blog: The Go Compare advert, Worzel Gummidge and Kingstonian

I have come to the conclusion that I need to go away more often. While I've been on my travels Sutton United have banged in six goals without reply to cement their place at the top of the Ryman Premier League table.

Ok lads, I get the hint...I'll get on Expedia right away.

I have to admit, being away from it all had some great advantages. Not only was it great to catch some sun but it also meant I didn't have to put up with all the X Factor nonsense or listen to those annoying Go Compare adverts.

Anyway, with victories at Croydon Athletic and Maidstone United safely tucked under our belts it's noticeable that goals this season have come from such a wide variety of sources. In the last week Craig Dundas, Bradley Woods-Garness, Tom Davis, Tommy Kavanagh and Andy Forbes (2) have bagged our goals, and it's anyone's guess who will score next for the Us. Having mentioned goalscoring goalkeepers in my last post I reckon even Sutton's number one Kevin Scriven might be in with a shout of hitting the back of the net.

So, we're currently riding on the crest of a wave again and all in the world seems good...what better time to play Kingstonian. Bugger.

Yep, our new number one bogey side visit Gander Green Lane tomorrow night.  However, you won't find Worzel Gummidge's pessimistic head on these shoulders, oh no, it's all about the PMA with me.

The Ks may have the upper hand after recent contests between the two sides but their luck has to run out sooner or later (I'm sure I've said that before). I thought they deserved their play-off win over us last season, we took our foot off the gas in the second-half and they exploited it to the full. But, if we play anything like we did at Kingsmeadow last month then we will take the points...so long as we actually remember to score this time.

I would write more, but to be honest the old jet lag is kicking-in...and besides, I want to be feeling tip-top for the big game tomorrow. Fellas, it's over to you...come on you Yellows...

No comments:

Post a Comment